Summit Middle School
Summit was founded in 1996 as Boulder Valley School District's first public charter school. The school was founded by a group of parents in the district who established the following mission of the school:
· To provide a rigorous, academic curriculum that promotes high levels of student effort and academic achievement
· To foster high self-esteem through stimulating intellectual challenge and meaningful academic accomplishment
· To inspire in students a lifelong love of learning, a desire for self-development, and good citizenship
· To create a caring community of peers who value scholarship, academic achievement, and creativity
· To serve as an excellent preparation for students intending to study in rigorous college-preparatory high school programs, including International Baccalaureate and Advanced Placement.
These are the core values of the school which continue to guide Summit to this day. Since its inception, Summit has been extremely successful in helping students to achieve their potential and the school's standardized test scores are always among the top few schools in Colorado.
Located in south Boulder, about a mile from the University of Colorado, Summit is housed in a beautifully renovated public school building in the Tantra Park neighborhood.